- The photographic section of the Handwriting and Photographic Bureau renders assistance to the Police by taking photographs of Questioned Documents examined by the Examiner of Documents and detection of Finger Prints.
Foreman, Photographic section, Pune Senior most photographer in charge of the photographic section at Pune. Photographers and Assistant Photographers To do photographic work at Pune, Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad. Senior and Junior Technical Assistants. To assist in the photographic work at Pune, Mumbai, Nagpur, Aurangabad.
The photographic section works under the local Heads of the units of Handwriting and photographic Bureau.
- Scope of Work
The section undertakes work of the following types :-
- Documents photography in cases dealt with in the Handwriting sections.
- Photographing finger prints including chance prints.
- Photographing M.O.B. type criminals, externees etc.
- Identity cards of officers.
- Visits to serious, sensational and important cases
The staff of the photographic sections, whenever required, go out to take photographs of scene of crime and of chance prints etc. They also attend courts and give expert evidence. In taking photographs of the chance prints found at scene of crimes, they are photographed only when they are examined and found fit for being photographed by finger print experts.
- M.O.B. Photographic Centres.
The M.O.B. Photographic centres at Pune, Thane, Aurangabad and Nagpur will work under the supervision of the Chief State Examiner of Documents. He will inspect the centres once a year.
About the CID
- ABOUT US
- ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
- Wings of CID
- Current Projects
- Photo Gallery