Finger Print Bureau
FINGER PRINT BUREAU (FPB) IN MAHARASHTRAIn Maharashtra, Finger Print Bureau was established in 1899 at Mumbai under the control of Inspector General of Police, Bombay Presidency. At present main finger print bureau is situated in Pune under administration of Criminal Investigation department of M.S., Pune. There are 3 regional Bureaus at Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad, which are engaged in recording and searching finger impression slips of arrestee and retrieval of chance prints found at scenes of crime. Advance Computerized FACTS (Finger Print Analysis and Criminal Tracing System) has been installed and has become functional from July 2004. A central server installed at Pune is linked with 41 Police Units.
Finger Print Data of more than 3,60,000 criminals has been updated on the “FACTS”. More than two hundred persons are working at 4 bureaus and 41 Dist Units, continuously with modern equipments to handle Finger Print work for investigation.
WORK OF THE FINGER PRINT BUREAU
- Recording finger-print slips of
- Searching of fingerprint slips, referred to it to ascertain antecedents.
- Comparisons and opinion on finger-impressions on documents in civil and criminal cases
- received from courts and other agencies.
- Comparison of latent prints and giving opinions, when required.
- Record & intimation of Externment /absconder’s reports;
- Evidence in court.
- Elimination work.
About the CID
- ABOUT US
- ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
- Wings of CID
- Current Projects
- Photo Gallery