Home » Citizens’ Corner Protect yourself
IF FIRING OCCURS WHILE YOU ARE AT WORK OR WALKING ON A STREET...
- Lie down onto the ground immediately.
- Do not show any unwanted curiosity. The criminal may feel threatened and shoot at you.
- When possible, move to a safer place, slowly, without drawing attention to yourself. Take cover behind solid objects like a car or a wall.
- If you can see the criminals from your hiding place, try to note and memorize their distinguishing features.
- If you are out of sight of the criminals, call up 100 and inform the Police.
- If you are within earshot, try to remember their conversation.
- Do not disturb the scene of the crime.
IN CASE POLICEMEN ARE CHASING A CRIMINAL...
- Give way to the police immediately
- If possible, note down the number of the escaping vehicle and the identity of the occupants
- Remember the entry and exit routes of the criminals