Home » Citizens’ Corner Protect yourself
Do's & don'ts for suspicious objects
- Do not touch or remove the object unless you are duty bound.
- Do not open the package. Do not puncture package.
- Do not submerge packet into water.
- Do not accept identification marks on its face value.
- Do not pass metallic object over the package.
- Do not direct flash light directly over the suspected object.
- Do not cut the strings or wire.
- Do not bring suspected device in security control room or police station. Always remove the people and not the bomb from scene.
- Do not attempt to open the baggage by hand.
- Don't be a dead-hero.
- You can reconstruct a building or house but you cannot recreate a dead man alive.
- Do evacuate people immediately to a safe distance.
- Open all windows & doors.
- Place sand bags around the suspected object.
- Inform bomb disposal squad.
- Inform fire brigade, Hospital & Ambulance.