Crime & Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS)CCTNS has evolved as a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). Proposed to be implemented in all Police Stations and all Supervisory offices of Maharashtra State. Various committees viz; State Apex Committee under chairmanship of Chief Secretary, GoM., State Empowered Committee under chairamanship of DGP, MS, Mumbai and State Mission Team under chairmanship of Addl. DGP, CID, MS, Pune have been formulated for monitoring and ensuring smooth implementation of the project. CID, MS, Pune is the nodal agency for implementing CCTNS project in Maharashtra and Spl. IGP, SCRB, CID is the nodal officer for this project.
M/s Pricewaterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd. is appointed as State Project Management Consultant and Monitoring Unit for CCTNS Project in Maharashtra. M/s Wipro is appointed as System Integrator and BSNL is the Network Service Provider under this Project. The Project Components are 1) Software (Centre CAS & State CAS) 2) Hardware 3) Network Connectivity 4)Data Digitization & Migration 5) Integration with existing Applications 6) Capacity Building & Change Management 7) External Interfaces (Passport, Transport, Courts, Jails).
- Sharing crime and criminal information across states and across the country
- Sharing intelligence across the states, across the country
- Enhancing tools for investigation, crime prevention, law & order maintenance, traffic management etc
- Improving service delivery to the public/ citizen/ stakeholders
- Enabling easier and faster analysis of data
- Increasing operational efficiency
About the CID
- ABOUT US
- ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
- Wings of CID
- Current Projects
- Photo Gallery